Description: The Dominion has finally perfected a way to fire weapons through the thresholds—and they’ve got one that’s powerful enough to pretty much incinerate ninety percent of all life on Earth. But it’s so massive that they can only fire it from lunar orbit.
PvE Modes: Threshold Defense (Normal, Advanced, Expert)
PvE Bosses: Mistress Mecha (Normal, Advanced, Expert)
- The map opens up new areas every few rounds—from hovering turret platforms to bridges leading to other entry portals. Watch the cutscenes to know where to expect attackers to come from.
- Those hovering turret platforms can cover a lot of ground, which is useful when the enemy is coming from widely-separated entry portals. But expect some to still get through.
- The placement of the central entry portal (behind the two cooling towers) means that you only have a few seconds to hit emerging enemies before your line of sight is blocked. Either post someone under the towers, or set up some turrets to cover that approach.
- Mistress Mecha can charge up the particle cannons ringing the exit teleportal platform (look up to spot them) and use them to call down devastating beams of energy. If you let her get close enough, she'll also clock you with a punch from her robot arm.
- Mobility is key in this fight. It's tempting to grab the cyclone cannon or jump in the mech, but you'll probably find that they slow you down way too much. Stay flexible and use flanking tactics as much as possible.
- Don't forget that while you're trading shots with Mistress Mecha, she's got a number of support troops headed toward the exit teleportal.