Description: A genetic research lab on a remote island is cloning dinosaurs—and the Dominion wants to turn those dinosaurs into cybernetic shock troops!
PvE Modes: Extinction Ops (Normal, Advanced, Expert)
PvE Bosses: Tyrannosaurus-R.E.X (all difficulties)
- It's tempting to split up to cover multiple mission objectives simultaneously—but going off alone means you're likely to get overwhelmed.
- You'll find yourself defending the research base against waves of dinosaurs. It’s advantageous to set up turrets to cover at least two approaches.
- Remember that it's not just dinosaurs; there are Dominion troops here as well. Fortunately, Assault weapons deal extra damage to both dinosaurs and Dominion forces.
- The boss encounter with Tyrannosaurus-R.E.X is triggered when you approach the helicopter platform. Beforehand, make sure everyone is stocked up on ammo. You don't want to be scrambling for ammo with a cybernetic T-Rex on your tail.
- R.E.X is brutally effective at covering the entire map with a combination of breath attacks, bites, tail-swipes, and rocket launchers. Keep moving!
- R.E.X's vision is based on damage (not movement). If you aggro R.E.X, don't try to square off. Run! Let your allies pull aggro off of you.